William Laing is the Owner/President of Laing Funeral Home Inc. He is a lifelong Eden resident. He graduated from Eden High School in 1975 and from Simmons School of Mortuary Science in 1977 and has been a licensed Funeral Director in New York State since 1978. He lives at the funeral home with his wife and two of his sons.
Bill is a member of the Eden United Methodist Church, a Life-member and Past Chief of the Eden Volunteer Fire Department No.1, a member of the Erie-Niagara Funeral Directors Association and the New York State Funeral Directors Association. He is a Trustee of the Eden Cemetery Association, a member of the Eden Chamber of Commerce and the Eden Community Foundation.
Gabriel G. Johnson :Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer is a native of Chautauqua County and attended Chautauqua Central School. He attended and graduated with honors from Simmons School of Mortuary Science. He was president of Sigma Phi Sigma the fraternal organization associated with funeral directing. Gabriel was the licensed manager of the Larson-Timko Funeral Home, Fredonia and Gardinier-Colletti Memorial Home, Dunkirk from 2004-2009. Gabriel joined our family funeral home August 2009 and is a permanent resident of Eden
He is a member of:
• New York State Funeral Directors Association
• Erie-Niagara Funeral Directors Association-Board of Directors; President Elect
• Chautauqua County Funeral Directors Association- where he was a past member of the Board of Directors, Past President
• The Chautauqua Township Historical Society
• Blue Roses Suicide Grief & Prevention Support Group
• Co-Founder of Northern Chautauqua County’s “Healing Your Heart From Grief Support Group"
• Sigma Phi Sigma
• Eden Chamber of Commerce- Past Board of Directors; Treasurer :First Chairman of the Christmas Share Program
Gabriel has spoken throughout the county on funeral directing and ways to deal with grief after a death.